Thursday 5 November 2015

Early to bed

Although I am waking up early in the morning I do seem to be retiring to my bed earlier and earlier. Looking at my watch it's not much after 7.30 pm and I have already settled in to a warm snug bed.
I put the electric blanket on half an hour before and as I burrow down into the warm sheets I often think of the pig who built his house of bricks. The security of ones own bed and the insularity it provides against the world at large is therapeutic. The world is your oyster is turned on its head, and the oyster becomes your world. There are no calls, no dates, no arrangements to be at so and so at such and such, one is at peace in the company of one.
Sometimes a book will keep me awake until one o'clock, sometimes I will be asleep within minutes. Often the iPad will start me on a journey.
10 pm is breakfast in Mackay Australia and Andrew and I will chat before he goes to work. Sometimes, as now I feel the urge to write and I do a blog entry about anything that has caught my attention.
The TV sits amongst the books and if a program takes my fancy I will watch but usually I don't bother and am more likely to switch off the lights and fade into dream land where, who knows who I will meet. Fortunately I never remember my dreams so the good or the bad stay where all illusions must !
'Kindle' has started to take the place of the paperback although I swore it wouldn't.
The convenience of ordering and the price (I downloaded the whole of Dickens, all his works, for a couple of quid) plus the clarity of the iPad screen and the back lighting and contrast makes reading easy on the eye.
Multi channel TV, Netflix, Spotify (for music),Tune In Radio (the world-wide digital radio service), Pod casts to be lectured by, You Tube to be informed by , and a multitude of Apps if I had the inclination. The creme de la creme is that at a touch of a key I have my blog in all its pristine glory, a living dialogue of the "every day happenings of a country bloke" or is that the Archers ?

No comments:

Post a Comment