Monday 20 October 2014

A safe harbour


Mother has been busy. She attacked the kitchen with a force that won many a battle and she was certainly determined to win this one.
There were mice, well at least the droppings and the sarcasm towards 'one house proud chap' was unprecedented.
Now my opinion of field mice, for that's what I think paid me visit, is quite a fond one, whiskers, bright twinkling eyes and shifty turn of speed when Felix is about.
The characterisation of animals with human character is the business of Disney, it has softened our natural propensity to
demonise everything not human and as long ago as Mickey Mouse we were on his or Minny's side, what ever the situation.
Marie manages to create the image of dirt and deprivation by calling my mouse a rat but no matter. I welcome a visitor or two even if the conversation is limited.
Of course there is the issue of "what would the Buddha say" if I were to chase them away, particularly as we move into the cold dark days of Winter !!
Any port in a storm and my mouse has found his safe harbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment