Wednesday 16 October 2013

I think I might have a fry-up


There was a time when on dragging myself from the warm clutches of my bed I would hurry on down stairs to the kitchen, take out the bacon and eggs from the fridge, heat up the frying pan (no health fanaticism here) and start a good old fry up. The aroma of bacon cooking is one of those smells to die for, at least it is if you are the one to scoff the food. Marie forever complains about the smell as she opens the windows and doors even in mid winter to emphasise the point. Fried bread sprinkled with salt and pepper, sit the egg on the bread and lay on the bacon, what a creation !! 

That is all in the past. The future is bleak, now, I enter the kitchen and head for the fridge to search for a carrot, yes a carrot, a carrot for breakfast would you believe it. No more bread, no more sugary tea,, what is there left to live for. I find myself wandering into the kitchen and wondering why I am here. The routines are gone the frying pan sits unloved the sugar bowl empty their place taken by carrots, apples and a juice,r its just not the same !! 
Everyone talks of this mode of healthy living as if it were a passage out of the Koran, life depends on it. But who's life and what sort of a life are we talking about.

Life is a concept and all concepts should be taken with a dose of salt which nicely brings me back to the joy of fried bread. 

I think I might have a fry up ????        

No comments:

Post a Comment