Sunday 27 October 2013

A weather report

Its a measure of the country we live in and the need to stoke up the population from its lethargy that we have been inundated on the news channels with a tale of carnage due to be served up as gales arrive on our shores this weekend.
Of course as a seasoned jurno', (well blogger) I can't help but tempt fate to write a piece whilst we are all in one piece, before the lines come down and communication is disrupted. 

Candles have been purchased and extra fruit bought to carry us through whilst the power is down.  I am resisting the urge to fill the sandbags, (that sounds like hard work) but it all reminds me that we are not in a tsunami region or troubled with huge forest fires, at worst, we might have to put up with a relatively tranquil rain shower to dampen our spirits.

As I look outside the trees are hardly moving but there is still time. I could ring my weather outpost in Wales for a report but she might have been out on the town and there's no storm known to man like the wrath of a daughter plucked out of her beauty sleep.    

No comments:

Post a Comment